Pages

Monday 11 February 2013

  FRIENDS....       Hello everybody! Long time no hear..........    I have been.......

Well, I've been nursing my mom back to good health after she injured her back 3 weeks ago but all good now! Praise the Lord!! She's able to walk again and do the everyday things at home in Johannesburg. I just have to thank Paul and Sue Sidwell for also looking after her and always being so kind and caring towards her. Also their young grandson Mark who made a huge effort to stay with mom and keep an eye on her until I could fetch her. Which teenage boy would be prepared to stay with a granny and give up his free time?? Not many!! Thanks all of you! How many of you have such amazing friends? It's not always easy helping people and being  available for them. It demands time and energy and at the fast pace our lives are moving, we sometimes forget that there are people who need us. I always ask myself .....'what will I do and who will I turn to in time of need'?

Sue also purchased a quilt from me last year and as a token of love and appreciation, I made her and Paul a set of patchwork quilted pillow covers for her gorgeous town house, which i presented to them when i took mom back to 'Joeys'. So..... meet Paul, Sue and Mark....... (I will introduce my amazing mother and blog all about her - soon. I want to devote a whole post to my mom.)



 I love spending time with Sue,Paul and mom, so spent the day with them in Parys at the most relaxing and divine restaurant right at the water's edge of the Vaal River. The name of the restaurant is "Ou's". They will set a table at your request as close to the water's edge but first come first served as space is limited. Breathtakingly beautiful and peaceful. One of my favourite spots.
 We all love antiques, so enjoy Parys tremendously. I think i inherited my love for antiques from both my parents. My mom is one of the most patient people to go browsing and shopping with. She has all the energy in the world and at her age can outshine any youngster. Sue included. They are best shopping buddies.

 The view across the river from where we sit and have breakfast at Ou's. Please do yourself a favour and visit the restaurant. Its safer to rather book your table in advance.





No comments:

Post a Comment