Pages

Friday 1 February 2013

           MORE QUILTS :


You've seen 2 of my first quilts now. I would love to share more with you...
These are also 2 of my earlier quilts and they are Tiki Brophy designs www.tikisquiltroom.tumblr.com. The angel and heart quilt on the left is to be sold and the one below was won in a raffle at my children's school.  So many hours, days, weeks and months are spent stitching these works of love. For those of you who don't know Tiki, you will get to know her soon enough as i cannot give her enough credit for changing my life with the quilting. I never had much time to quilt and do all the crafts whilst i was teaching, what with all the preparation and marking and caring for my own kids in the afternoons. I was left exhausted and almost powerless in the evenings to tackle anything creative. I have finally been given the opportunity to catch up with all those lovely things that give me a warm fuzzy feeling and make me peaceful and happy. I have even joined a 'Prayer Shawl Group' that a dear friend and ex-colleague Petro Nel has started in our town. Will post some photos of our next meeting in Feb. i Still have to get cracking and start knitting a shawl!

This is a quilt that I'm busy working on at the moment. Also one of Tiki's designs called Belle. I plan on selling this one, as I have made two of them. The other one I plan on keeping for myself.   
Here's something for you to figure out until next time. Whose hands do you think these belong to?......

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment