Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

Crocheting & Cushions..................................


Hi! once again everybody!!

What a privilege it is to do crafts. I try my hand at many things that tickle my fancy. Crocheting is one of them. During the December holiday I crocheted a whole bunch of flowers which i used to decorate some cushions. I kept myself busy in the car on the long trip down to the Karoo to our holiday home. I hate wasting time, even in the car , so always have something for my hands to do.
The cushion -above- found its way to the UK to my dear friend and sister in law, Dee. She just loves and appreciates all handmade things.
I kept this cushion for myself, but still prefer the one above. What do you think of them?


                                                                       
The following two cushions i also recently made for our home, with the left over fabric that i used for the Vintage American Star quilt. You will find pictures of that on an earlier post. Go and have a look.

                                         Cushion no.1:
Before :


                                                                            After :

I used one of my husband's check flannel shirts to finish it off. See the buttons along the side. I never removed them as I thought it added some character. What do u think? Please drop me a line and tell me or share some of your creations.


Cushion no. 2 :

Before :

After :






1 comment:

  1. I love my cushion & am so pleased you made such a special gift for me.

    I love the buttons on the shirt - definitely a winner & a great idea. Keep quilting my dear :)

    Dee at the Carlton

    ReplyDelete