Pages

Thursday 7 March 2013

MOM  HELBERG...  

I sit here today and think about my new family, ( while I bide the time waiting to skype with my beautiful sister in law Deirdre) ; .... the Helbergs..... and quietly thank God for giving me another chance in life.  I am thankful for their love and acceptance of me, without any reservations. I  will always love my 'ex' family and in-laws but I've realised we were not created to be alone forever. Loneliness is a terrible thing and although it's so difficult having to move on with life, we just have to. We hang on trusting and secretly hoping that God is taking care of us , but yet, we have that longing for a 'mate' or companion.
I also think of mom Helberg who passed away on the 9th March 2012. She was so brave fighting cancer and never complained although she experienced so much pain. She never wanted to be a burden to anybody. Just got on with whatever came her way.  I 've just passed some photographs of the quilt I handstitched for her when we heard the news of her diagnosis and I wanted her to experience the precious love of a handstitched quilt. So got stuck into one for her. It almost brought her to tears when we presented it to her in July 2011! I embroidered all her childrens' names onto the quilt which brought her and dad much pleasure while they sat reading them. It still has pride of place on the beautiful bed dad sleeps on and I know will give him warm hours of peaceful sleep.

Rest in peace mom. Love you always!


                                              
                                 Mom, Dad, Deirdre & I (kneeling)


Here are some pics of the quilt I made for mom and dad  Helberg :

Some of the patterns are from Tiki Brophy designs, but I added my own 'touch' to it.





Seems like the lights are on at home......




The quilt where it is now... with dad.




1 comment:

  1. It is such a beautiful quilt my dear Riekie - I blogged some of your beautiful handiwork
    http://deeatthecarlton.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/handmade-with-much-love.html

    ReplyDelete