Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

My Birthday..

Although its a few days after my birthday, i just have to mention that I was spoiled rotten and had an awesome day! Started off with spoiling the 2 kids (still at home) with a yummy breakfast and then met up with Fred (eldest) , Laura and Bev for breakfast at Coobah. Then rushed off to school as I was invited for tea and cake. Later had to take Cheney for her driver's test ....which she passed..... so was a very eventful but tiring day. We finished it off at home with chicken salad, yogurt fridge tart and milk tart. Was lovely just being home with all the kids , but missed my hubby a lot. also missed my mom who is still at home in Jhb recovering from her back injury. Not to worry, at least Charles will be home in a week and a half. So have more to look forward to. Isn't it sad that our men have to work so far away from home and out the country because there is no decent employment that pays reasonable salaries for them in their own country? Nevertheless other countries are also benefitting by having their expertise which hopefully raises their standards and in the long run will uplift their economy.

Back to my birthday..... I just want to share some of the gifts with you. I got bunches of flowers galore which i love love and our home is filled with their sweet scent...St.Joseph's Lillies, roses, carnations and crysanthemums!!  Quilting books, cookery book, perfume, teddy bear shelf etc... Thankyou all so much for making it such a special day!





Who can ever get enough of books? I don't seem to have enough books! My interests and hobbies scan over a very wide spectrum and i cherish every book i own.

                                       
Just have to share these two pics of Bubbles our Yorkie who loves to snuggle behind my quilted cushions. She plays hide and seek. Goes to show... even dogs can appreciate quilted loveliness...

No comments:

Post a Comment