Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Sometime ago Charles bought Cheney a beautiful French Louis dressing table. I couldn't wait to start restoring it and bring it back to its former beauty. Dearest daughter was not too sure about having it when she initially saw it and said " I'll see mom....." Anyway it took me two weeks to fix up as I took it apart completely, sanded and repainted it again. I must say I am very proud of all the attention to detail and my darling daughter couldn't wait to put it into her bedroom!! She loves it!! Yayyyy!! Yayyy!! I'm so happy! Want to share some 'before and after' photos with you.

The dressing table before I got stuck into it! Take note of the dark, grubby and stained handles!


Cheney opted to sanding the stool....

During restoration

Completed and enjoying pride of place in Cheney's bedroom. The hardware is shining new again.
 Don't you just love the detailed covers on the feet?

The handles are so pretty, don't you think?






1 comment:

  1. It is fabulous & back to its glamorous self again. i love the curves & the details & elegant handles.

    A very good job my dear, dearest Niece is right to enjoy such a beauty xx

    ReplyDelete