Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Winter has finally hit us here in the good old S.A! I enjoy the crisp fresh air and dressing up warm with scarves and jackets. We are fortunate to have a wood- burning fireplace in our lounge and that keeps us happy and will hopefully create good memories for the kids. Our visitors also love coming here when the fire is going and I try spoil them with treats to warm their happy hearts and tummies. Anyway, one of the other things I love about winter is knitting and crocheting. I love the textured yarns/wools and the feeling of satisfaction one gains from a completed project. I belong to a "Prayer Shawl " group started by Petro Nel and am loving the idea of gifting cancer survivors and sufferers with our handmade items. I am now busy with a crocheted blanket for a close friend, Frans Lotter.






I have already purchased wool for a special person who's just been diagnosed with lung cancer. So will have to get cracking and finish this blankey.

I recently posted some pics and story of Maria who had such bad shingles. My mom has taught her to knit and we bought her needles and wool to knit herself a scarf. Well, she's doing well and the scarf is growing!! Its so encouraging to see how something like that can make a difference to a person's life.


There is a saying that I love and it says......."teach people how to fish......don't give them the fish.."

No comments:

Post a Comment